Wednesday, September 25, 2013

More Research! Week4

Hello Everyone,

This week we are going to discuss my continued research, but this time I will be discussing how I conducted a search in order to find a journal article that would help with my research on Autism. I have finally narrowed my research topic to focus on Autism: the effectiveness of treatments.

This week I decided that I would try searching for a journal articles using the Google domain. In the search engine I typed in " Autism and effectiveness of treatment," once the search was done I was faced with what looked like thousands of sources, so I decided to narrow my search to scholar websites such as .edu and .org. These sites would best provide the most accurate information I need.

What I found out about Autism and the effectiveness of treatments was mind blowing. I found out that many parents do not know how to get the right they need to help their Autistic child succeed. I learned that the most effective form of treatment is what is called Applied Behavioral Analysis, which is a form or tutoring and therapy to teach the child how to function appropriately according to the situation they are in.
As tutors of ABA they are responsible for teach children with Autism how to do the most basic skills from speaking, cleaning up after themselves, and much more. ABA tutors make learning fun by implementing a token economy and a reward system. Utilizing the child's preferred activity as a reward not only eliminates the hassle of getting a child to cooperate, but it also keeps the child motivated.

As I continue my research I am hoping to learn more about ABA and autism and if there are any new studies that show other forms of therapy help children with Autism.

I am going to continue to find new ways to conduct research and I will keep you posted! Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment